Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Hello Jakarta!

Well, here we are. Jakarta. Home to 15 million people not to mention rats, dogs, cats and chickens (hopefully not with bird flu). Home to some of the most lavish mansions I have ever seen and also to some of the poorest settlements, some of them side by side.

Born and bred in Malaysia, I have lived all my life there and before I met Dear Hubby, I thought that I would always live in Malaysia. I thought that life would be as it had always been: a job in marketing for some MNC, a modest apartment in Kuala Lumpur, an okay car to drive around and my friends. Then I met Dear Hubby and life turned upside down in the space of two years.

We're here because Dear Hubby has been appointed Country Manager of Indonesia and will be expected to run the Indonesia operations for the next 2-3 years. So here I am, we've been married for four months now, been together for 2+ years and I am sitting in a hotel in Cilandak, looking out at the winding streets below and wondering "OI! How the hell did life turn out this way!"

But as the song goes, my bags are packed and I'm ready to go. So Jakarta.. here we come!

No comments:

Post a Comment