Sunday, September 28, 2008

We've finally used our pool!

After almost 2 months of living here, Dear Hubby and I took our first dip into our pool today. When we first moved in, the compound management had just lost its pool boy, so there was no one going around to service the pools in the compound. As a result the pool looked really dirty and I didn't dare immerse my toes in it, let alone my whole body.

Then when they finally found the pool boy, we went off to the UK to see Dear Hubby's family. Upon our return, I was running about trying to find a maid, trying to get our curtains done and all sorts of donkey errands. By 3pm, I would be so tired I would need a nap and when I woke up, it would be time to start cooking dinner before Dear Hubby came home from work. So I never had the chance to try the pool.

Until now.

We jumped in this afternoon about 3pm. Actually, more like waded in carefully since the shallow end of the pool only comes up to about my abdomen. The water was lovely, there was a warm sun that provided just enough heat to keep us from being cold and best of all, the water took all the weight off me. I enjoyed walking about in the pool without feeling big and heavy for the first time in months.

I can't swim, so Dear Hubby started with the basics - by teaching me how to float. Unfortunately, I kept tilting to one side as I floated, I think it's got something to do with the baby inside me. LOL

Guess I'll be popping into the pool more often now! I find it very soothing and relaxing to have the water support me. The only problem is when I finally get out of the pool and argh! I have to carry all that weight again!

No comments:

Post a Comment