Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Happy (belated) birthday, my Top Monkey

It was Dear Hubby's birthday ytdy. We had a quiet celebration here in Liverpool in his childhood home. His first birthday greeting from me came at probably 3am when Connor woke us both up. I gave Dear Hubby a sleepy birthday kiss and an equally sleepy "Happy birthday" and I think he mumbled something back. Then he rolled over to sleep while I settled the baby. Ah... such is the life of a happily married couple with a baby...

I know what he would love for his birthday but his wish list is way out of my budget range. He is a hi-fi man and his toys cost a lot, even the little twiddle knob on his gear is out of my range. Okay... that last bit sounded a bit XXX-rated... hmm... didn't mean for it to sound that way!

There was a time when I would have presented him with a naughty get-away in some hotel but with a very active 10-month-old baby, even THAT idea is out of my range. Sigh. Don't worry, Hubs... I'll be back in action once we get Connor off to boarding school some time in the future.

But you know that I love you very, very, very much. We have been so happy together since we met and I couldn't ask for more. You are a wonderful man, a wonderful husband (even though you drive me nuts when you leave drawers/kitchen cabinets open) and a wonderful father to our little boy.

Happy birthday, my TM... I love you long time.

2 comments:

  1. Dear Mrs Top Monkey
    I have recently launched a website in Jakarta - www.familyguidetojakarta.web.id which I hope you will find the time to look at when your little one allows! I'd really like to talk to you about you writing an article or two (or 3 or 4) for this website in particular your experiences of giving birth in Jakarta as I think this would be very valuable information for visitors to our 'having a baby' pages. The web site supports the very popular book Family Guide to Jakarta which raises money for a charitable organisation (more info on the site), I am hoping you will have heard of or used the book since arriving in Jakarta? Anyway I'd be very grateful if you could contact me at familyguidetojakarta@gmail.com if you would be interested in contributing. Many thanks, Caroline Roberts (mother of 3, expat wife in Jakarta)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Top Monkey! :D Golly that's 2 birthdays within a week! ;)

    ReplyDelete