Sunday, February 13, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day

Valentine's is usually a non-event for us. As I told a friend recently, I'm married to the most un-romantic soul I could have picked to marry. (No, he hasn't given me a washing machine for my birthday... yet) I can only remember 2 Valentine's we celebrated. One was our first one together and that was like "Of course mah!" because he was still trying to hook the fish ie Me. The second was 3 years ago and resulted in the arrival of our son 9 months later. Teeheehee.

I normally give Dear Hubby a card each year while he usually forgets. It's hard to get mad at not receiving cards and flowers on one day of the year when I think about how he works hard all year round to keep a roof over our heads, food on the table and clothes on our back.

Anyway this year, I forgot. I'd been busy with Connor having the sniffles and other things to do. This morning, I completely forgot the date as I'd been up quite often last night comforting a crying Connor who couldn't breathe properly due to his clogged up nose so I was kinda blur.

Halfway through breakfast, Dear Hubby called from his office. "My darling." "Yes?" "Happy Valentine's."

Awwww... Turned out he'd actually remembered and bought me a card this year. However, true to his practical and un-romantic self, he'd completely forgotten to sign it (also because he was busy all weekend trying to get 3 stars on every level of Angry Birds on the iPad) and so I have to wait till he gets home from work tonight and signs it before I get to see my card.

Happy Valentine's my Monkey. Love you always... card or no card.

1 comment:

  1. hi mummies...im looking for a good kinder for my 3.5 years old girl...area taman maluri cheras or ampang....moving to kl end of july will be staying near taman maluri for a year than moving to pj area...need advice..thank u

    ReplyDelete