Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Back to school for Connor

Connor's back at school, re-enrolled into the same school he was attending before. He was very pleased to be there on the first day as he'd missed being around other children. What he'd not bargained for was my disappearance! He'd become used to having me around him for 24hr again so he wasn't pleased to find himself without me for 3 hours.

On Day 2, he cried buckets but promptly stopped after I'd left. It is his 2nd week back and he's remembered that Mummy does come back for him after all, so he's stopped being so bothered about it. Today he actually said, "Goodbye Mummy!" when I left.

When I came to pick him up, he said goodbye to his teacher and then added a shy goodbye to a friend. Ah. Who's the new friend? The teacher pointed the child out to me.

It seems a beautiful blonde little girl with the most gorgeous blue eyes has bewitched my son. He even knew her name so I think their relationship must have moved to a new level, definitely past just playing next to each other in the sandbox. I think they must be at the sharing Lego blocks stage. Who knows... it may even develop into the feed-each-other-Rice Krispies stage.

Isn't school fun, Connor!


P/s To the mum who told me she's sent her little one to the same school, do say hi if you ever see us!

12 comments:

  1. Aaaaw that's shweeet... Conner has a kinddy gurlfren!!! Heehee... anyways babe it's so good to have you back in KL! Can;t wait to see u and catch up on goss! *muax*

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL It was so sweet and funny when he was saying goodbye to her. He was going all bashful and coy. LMAO
    Hope to see you soon too... before L turns 1yo! Been a long time since we caught up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi,

    I have just found your blog and would appreciate if you could tell me if you know of any Kindergarten/Montessori near Ampang as we have just moved here and are living at the Prince Apartments.

    Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know a lot. Only know of Treetop House in Jln U Thant, The Children's House in Jln Ampang Hilir, Etonhouse in Jln Eaton and TumbleTots in Great Eastern Mall. I don't live that side of town so I didn't research into schools in that area.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi,

    Thank you very much for the information. We are going to look into Eton House and Treetop House this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're welcome! I wish we were still living downtown, I would have loved to check Treetop House, it looks fab!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, i have been followed your blog for past few months. Very informative.

    I will be relocating to KL soon and living in Bangsar South. Any good kindergarten to recommend? My son is 3.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well, depending on your budget, there's plenty in Bangsar area. The pricier ones would be Julia Gabriel, The Children's House and Children's Discovery House. There is also a private school, Beaconhouse which offers schooling from kindy right up to secondary. Plenty of Montessori schools in and around Bangsar and Damansara Heights. You can check out Tulip Montessori, My Montessori School, Words, Taska Sri Bangsar - these are all in Bangsar. Good luck! :))

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Mrs Top Monkey,
    I have recently stumbled onto your blog and am so appreciative of the posts you've written on Conner's preschool. My daughter is turning 18months soon, and am thinking of sending her to a preschool at that age :)

    Do you mind sharing with me which preschool you chose in the end, as you (and Conner) seems pretty satisfied with their programme?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kah Mun, if you'll leave a comment with your email, I will get back to you on this. :)) I will not publish that comment if you wish to keep your email address private.

      Delete
  10. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  11. hi Mrs Monkey ,
    Can u send me your sons preschool name... as i need to find one for my son , we just moved here so any help is much appreciated. my email is zaphia@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete