Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Something I saw

Yesterday morning, I had just dropped Connor off at school and was headed towards IKEA on the highway when I saw something awful. I could see a few men standing on a road shoulder under a flyover, surrounded by a few policemen.

When I got closer, I saw they were standing around a man who were lying on the road. From his very unnatural stillness, I guessed he was dead. None of the men standing around were making any attempt to help him. One of the men was talking, gesturing around with his arms and the look on his face was one of shock. The policemen looked weary. I don't know what happened but it was obvious yet another biker on our roads had lost his life.

I couldn't get the image of the scene out of my head all day yesterday. I'm still thinking about it today. That man meant something to some people. He was someone's son, probably someone's husband and someone's father. He probably left this morning, thinking he'd be back at night for dinner as usual. But he'll never come home again.

I drove with extra care all the way to IKEA. And back. And this morning to Connor's school.

Life is so fragile. You never know what's coming.

Keep safe on the roads, everyone. Berhati-hati di jalan raya.


No comments:

Post a Comment