Monday, June 11, 2012

Ramblings: Flooring options for my dream home


Dear Hubby and I have very definite ideas on what we want should we have enough funds to build our own house from scratch.  It must be open plan.  We can’t stand itty-bitty rooms.  This is why most houses in the UK drive me mad but then I understand the rationale behind it.  It would cost a fortune to heat an open plan space like our current one.

It would have wooden flooring.  Except in the kitchen.  Because I like being able to hose down my kitchen floor and have it get wet and I find the idea of wood flooring in the kitchen kinda stupid.  Porcelain tiles would do the job really nicely.  It would be best of all if the tiles looked like wood because that’s kinda like the best of both worlds!  Sites like BuildDirect have a great selection of stuff for your flooring so I took a look at it when my friend recommended it to me. 

I want a separate wet and dry kitchen, just like in most Asian houses.  This is so I can do my cooking and not have the smells permeate my curtains in the living hall.   I don’t want my mother-in-law to die from the stink of belacan if she comes to live with us one day in the UK.  Hehe.  Don’t mind if the belacan kills the family cat though – he’s bloody psycho, tried to claw my son and his cousin when they were littler.

So now all I have to do is buy lottery tickets and pray really hard for the God of Prosperity to smile upon us. 

No comments:

Post a Comment