Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Ramblings: Thinking of an MBA


Some years ago, my friend packed up her bags and left for America.  Waiting for her on the other side of the world was her long-time boyfriend and the GMAT exams.

She took with her not just the usual packets of Maggi Mee but also study guides and books on studying for the GMAT.  For those of you unfamiliar with the term, the Graduate Management Admission Test is a standardised, computer-based assessment programme that is widely used by business schools as an entrance test to their graduate programmes.  It costs US$250 to sit for the test so it’s not exactly cheap and so my friend was anxious to do well as she wanted to gain admission to a good MBA programme in the US.

For revision help, you can either do it the old school way by heading to a bookshop and buying GMAT books.  Or you can go online where there are online courses offering gmat preparation.

I’m thinking of going the same route as I need to get back into the workforce when Connor goes back to school. I have dreams of educating Connor in a public school (that’s a private school to everyone else) I don’t have an MBA so it’s great to know that if I want to prepare for the GMAT, I can do it in the comfort of my home.

And I thought I'd never have to stress out over an exam ever again when I finished Uni.... gah...

No comments:

Post a Comment