Thursday, March 6, 2008

Back to Kuala Lumpur!

I'm home! Caught the 11:10am flight in Jakarta and touched down at KLIA at 3pm. Today is Hari Raya Nyepi in Indonesia, the Day of Silence that is celebrated by Hindus. It's a public holiday, so the roads were all quiet and we got to the airport nice and easy.

One of the first things I did was to drink the tap water. It's such a relief to be able to brush my teeth with the water from the tap. See, this morning, I totally forgot where I was and actually gargled with the tap water. Gasp! I was so horrified that I choked, spat the water out and then ran to the water cooler with a glass and filled that up with clean water to flush my mouth out. I was so worried that I would get the Jakarta tummy upsets while at the airport but my tummy obligingly held out till we'd arrived home. Then it was... GET OUT OF MY WAY, I NEED THE TOILET!!!

I'm off now for a shower, I need to scrub myself thoroughly, sing loudly in the shower and gargle with as much tap water as I can and then come out for a nice relaxing snooze in my own bed.

I'll be here in KL for the next 2 weeks before going back to resume house-hunting in Jakarta again. Once we get that done, we'll be packing up and moving over. I have to say that after one week in Jakarta, I think I will enjoy myself there (hey, who's not going to enjoy having a maid AND a young handsome pool boy!) but there's no place like home.

No comments:

Post a Comment