Sunday, April 27, 2008

Yep, the move is on

Well, we're finally moving. Yes, really, really, really.


The packers came in today to take a look at our things so that they can estimate the time they need and how much they've got to pack. I'm so glad we're hiring these guys to pack AND unpack for us. I will go mental trying to pack Dear Hubby's collection of CDs and LPs alone.


My big red suitcase is out and I'll have to cram as many clothes as I can inside as they'll be all I have for the next two months or so. (Reminder to oneself: Take all clean knickers!) My guitar is coming along with us on the plane and some favourite CDs and books. We won't be able to move into our new house in Jakarta till July so I'll need something to amuse me till then.


I'll have to contact my banks and change my addresses and try to see my friends once more before I leave. I've always moved around anyway, there was a period of time in my life when I was moving every 6 months but it had always been around KL or within Malaysia. It will be fun to move to a new country and a new life and see what things are like.


I already miss being called "Nyonya". :))

2 comments:

  1. really really ah... ok really gotta find time to meet up before you run off to the wilderness :P

    ReplyDelete