Monday, October 11, 2010

We've found the letter U! Not...

I bought Connor the Leapfrog Fridge Phonics Magnetic Alphabet Set sometime ago. I thought it would keep him interested at the fridge while I prepared breakfast. I was also hoping it would keep him interested enough to stop wanting to open the fridge each time he passes it. (It didn't)

The set we got comes with both uppercase and lowercase letters. I got out the lowercase letters because he already has a toy that teaches him uppercase letters. I like the Leapfrog set because the letters are chunky - easy for Connor to grip and they're too big to slide under the fridge when dropped. They teach the child the letter as well as the sound it makes with a song that gets more and more annoying with each repetition.

Last week I found out that we'd lost the letter U. Oh no. I didn't know where it'd disappeared to but I knew it wasn't under the fridge. I don't even know where to look.

Last night, I thought we'd found it. I sang out to Dear Hubby, "Daddy, look! We've found the letter U!" Dear Hubby feigned interest and enthusiasm, "That's great, baby." and went back to his hi-fi magazine.

Much later during dinner, I glanced towards the fridge again and realised that it's still lost. "Oh no. It's not the letter U. It's the letter N upside down."

Bloody lowercase letters.

No comments:

Post a Comment