Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Ramblings: On weddings


A friend announced her recent engagement the modern way – she posted a picture of her ring on Facebook.  That made me smile the whole day.  I’d never met the guy but from the pictures of them together that she’d shared, I’d always thought they look like a match made in heaven and I guess I was right all along!

When Dear Hubby and I got married, we only did the traditional Chinese wedding in my parents’ hometown.  The plan to have a bash in Kuala Lumpur for our own friends never materialised as he was offered the job in Jakarta soon after and he was flying back and forth to get started there as well as to tie up loose ends here.  I also suffered a recurrence of a severe back/hip injury.  I was stuck in bed and then had to undergo physical therapy for months to correct it and by the time I was finished, it was time for us to move to Jakarta.

That was a disappointment to us both but never mind, I’ve told him that we’ll have a bash come our tenth anniversary.   I’ve been planning it for yonks but it always helps to see something like the WeddingtonWayromantic bridesmaid dresses, gives me even more ideas!

To B and K, many congratulations on your engagement - enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the well-wishes babe! :) And yes, do have a 10th Anniversary bash, would be awesome for Connor to participate as well!

    ReplyDelete