Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Old friends

About two weeks ago, I met my old friends, Paris B and PE.  The reason for our meet-up was PE is going to be a first-time mum soon and I wanted to see her before she delivered.

I've known them forever... we've known each other since we were all children.  The last time I saw either regularly was when I was in Form V.  All of us have grown up and changed a lot since but it's funny how each time I think of them, I think of them as they were then.. not as they are now.

So it was weird but nice to see PE pregnant.   My son, who was with me during the meet-up, looked doubtfully at PE's bump when he was told there was a little baby inside.  He looked even more doubtful when I told him he'd once been a little baby like that too, curled up inside me.

The last time we had a serious conversation, I believe the topic must have been something like "Are you going to do law or engineering in Uni? A-levels or Form 6?"  This time it revolved around babies and childcare.

It seemed like yesterday we were all little together but at the same time, it seemed like an eternity ago too.

Good luck with the delivery, PE - looking forward to seeing your little bundle of joy soon!


4 comments:

  1. OMG what a pleasant coincidence, I know PE!! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HAHA! No kidding! What a small world! I'm sure I'll run into you some day then!

      Delete
  2. I'm the Thai Chinese lady in hijab, my Irish mil in hijab, accompanied by a little girl, my Malay til and rojak husband :D

    ReplyDelete