Friday, February 15, 2013

Ramblings: Calculus


Hands up everybody who enjoyed calculus in school.  Apasal so few of you?  Calculus doesn’t deserve the bad reputation it gets among students.  It’s just like solving a giant jigsaw puzzle except instead of funny shaped pieces, you get x, y, z and other variables.  

Call me a geek or a weirdo or whatever but I actually enjoyed calculus very much at school.  I also enjoyed physics and chemistry a lot and my introduction to physics in Form IV sparked off a lifelong love of the subject.  Shhh… but Dear Hubby’s first ever present to me was a beautiful book on Richard Feynman, my hero.  When I discovered we both owned a copy of the same book “Genius:  The Life and Scienceof Richard Feynman” which was a biography of Feynman by James Gleick, it was as if the stars had aligned in the skies.  Tee-hee.

I suppose having a Maths teacher for a father made it much easier for me to grasp and love calculus.  Nothing beats having your own personal on-call Maths tutor 24/7 who has a vested interest in making sure you score that A in Maths.

For everyone else who doesn’t have a father like mine, you can click here for help.  Good luck with your next calculus test!

No comments:

Post a Comment