Wednesday, April 17, 2013

I finally have a winning bid on eBay!

Boy, am I a newbie or what.  LOL  

I've just managed to win a bid on a baby sleeping bag on eBay!  

Number Two will be using most of Connor's old baby things but what we lack is baby things for the cold weather when Number Two is around 6 months old.  Unlike Connor who spent his babyhood in the tropics, Number Two will need lightweight sleep bags for summer and heavier ones for winter.

As the cold snap is usually over by March, I didn't see the point of buying everything brand new as I know from experience how quickly babies can grow in a few months.  And I also know from experience that used baby gear can be perfectly fine. 

So for Number Two's cold weather gear, I've been stalking various pieces on eBay, without much success I must say as I'm new to this bidding thing and didn't even realise there's such a thing as automatic bidding until yesterday.  Duh.

But today I was there at the right time and at the right place and managed to score a 2.5 tog sleep bag for the princely sum of £5.  A brand new sleep bag costs about twice the price.  The branded stuff like Grobag can cost up to £20+ per bag so that's quite a bit of saving considering I have to buy a few of those sleep bags for winter, not just one.

Back to eBay... wish me luck!




No comments:

Post a Comment