Monday, July 22, 2013

Scenes from a Married Life: Genetics Part II

Remember when I said Dear Hubby told me he would ask Very Serious Questions if our second son was born blond and blue-eyed as he is neither?

Anders was born via c-section.  I'll never forget the relief I felt when I heard his first cry.  I'll never forget the look on my husband's face and the tears in his eyes as he watched the doctor lift our son up for us to see.

But most of all, I'll never forget when Dear Hubby finally got to hold our son in his arms for the first time and gazed down at him.

"Mummy."

"Yes, Daddy?"

"Our son."

"Yes...?"

"He's got blue eyes."

There was a short pause in the operating theatre.  Then..

"HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Both of us just burst out laughing much to the surprise of the entire surgical team.

Anders was born with inky blue eyes.  They've changed colour now to... I don't know what colour exactly.  His eyes are a much lighter brown than Connor's and can sometimes look green in certain lighting and they still have a blue sheen to them.  I guess that's hazel eyes?  Just like Dear Hubby's.

As for the blond hair?  Well.... do blond eyelashes count?

Teehee.

And oh, I didn't get asked any Very Serious Questions despite the blue eyes at birth.  Why?  Because Anders is the spitting image of Dear Hubby as a baby.

P H E W.




No comments:

Post a Comment