Tuesday, December 30, 2008

2008 - What a year it was

Today is the last day of 2008. Today also happens to be our 3rd anniversary! I met Dear Hubby 3 years ago on this day courtesy of our shared devotion to Liverpool FC. If you'd told me then that I would be sitting here now in Jakarta with an 8-week-old baby snoozing next to me, I would have laughed so hard. If you'd told me then that I would one day give up my career and social life to stand around changing diapers all day, I would have said you were nuts.

But here I am doing precisely that. And loving every minute of it. (Well... minus all the minutes he's cranky and I can't figure out what he's cranky about...)

What did I do this year?

I climbed a glacier. I waved goodbye to my homeland and started a new life in another country. I finally mastered enough cooking skills to be able to feed my husband without him choking to death. I baked a cake, all on my own. I learnt how to count millions in currency. We made a baby and watched him grow inside me and hey, nine months later... I'm a mom!

Best year of my life.

Happy New Year, everyone... may you all have a wonderful 2009.

No comments:

Post a Comment