Sunday, October 3, 2010

I want my football club back

Oh dear god. I thought things couldn't get worse. But they did.

Last night, we lost 1-2 at home to Blackpool. To BLACKPOOL!!!! A team that just earned promotion to the Premier League this season. And guess what - the newbies outplayed us, they showed more confidence, more hunger and for a lot of the first half, they set the pace.

Our once "best midfield in the world" is now a thing of the past. In its place is beautiful green grass. I am not kidding you. We have 2 guys up front wondering when the pass is going to come. And then we have 7 guys crowded in front of our keeper at the back. Right in the middle of the field is enough space to park the Terracota Army and the visiting team bus.

What la..... I'm not an expert but even I can tell you that's not the way to play football. Looks like our team manager has never played chess before in his entire life. Control the centre, man. Ini pun tak tau ke? Macam mana you jadi "respected manager in Europe" then!

I never wanted Rafa to go. I never thought Roy Hodgson was the right man for our club. But when he arrived, I thought "Okay, let's give him a chance. He deserves a chance." Right now, I would like him to leave please and take his coat with him but who's going to come then? No manager in their right mind would want to come to a club with boardroom battles, no transfer money, average players and the prospect of being owned by Hicks.

First things first - GET RID OF THE DAMN YANKS. Those owning our club. Not our US fans. As long as they are there, we can wave goodbye to those glory days in Europe and start getting used to relegation battles. Then get rid of the manager and those players who think they're above the club. Time to rebuild again.

What Rafa so painstakingly built has been destroyed over last season and this. Last season, I got the feeling something was terribly wrong off the field and that Rafa was fighting it. This season with him gone and no one to fight our battles, we are seeing things just fall apart.

Shite, shite and more shite.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRGH.

No comments:

Post a Comment