Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Connor and the karipap

Connor adores karipap.  (curry puff)  He calls them "special egg cupcake".   This is because I bought half a dozen from IKEA the other day and they have a slice of hard-boiled egg in theirs.

The filling's too spicy for him at this moment so all I do is empty out the karipap and offer him the pastry bit.  I have to make sure he has a full cup of juice available each time we eat "special egg cupcake" because he's just learning to eat spicy foods and can't tolerate much heat in his food.   It's a very sly way of getting Connor to get his fluid intake for the day, hehe.



2 comments:

  1. I've never had a karipap, but it sounds good! I love curry. What else is inside beside the hard boiled egg and curry?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Andrea, it's like a Cornish paste but with softer skin. The filling inside is normally spicy chicken meat and potatoes. Some add a slice of eggs, the karipaps I ate as a child had a slice of egg in them. That's why I was so happy to find the IKEA ones. I'll post a pic next time!

    ReplyDelete